The primary means of receiving mission & state information is by you subscribing to statewide emails and/or manually visiting the National & State PGR websites. If you wish to subscribe, please complete one or (preferably) both sections below - 1. National & 2. State Notifications
To stay informed of events in Wisconsin, we suggest you log-in to the National web site and subscribe (opt-in) to either one or both of our forums, Missions & General State Info. You need to subscribe to the state forums of the states you would like to receive notifications for. There is no limit to the number of states you can subscribe to, and you can change those subscriptions at any time yourself.
Steps to Subscribe to Notifications:
- Missions: Funeral & Memorial services, Veterans Welcome Homes, Send-offs and some types of Help on the Homefront (HOTH) missions.
- General State Info: General info, Meet and Greets, Fundraisers, Veteran's Home visits, some types of Help on the Homefront (HOTH) events, some events run by non-PGR entities in support of active military, families or veterans.
- Note Mission info is not posted in this forum.
To confirm you have successfully subscribed to the forum, go back on the "Missions" page and/or the "General State Info" page. You should see the subscription icon has changed from a green circle with a check mark to a black circle with a dash in it.
- Visit our National website, login and update your subscription preferences.
- For Missions:
- For a walk through with screenshots, click here for Missions and/or here for General State Info
- Follow these steps
The rest of the steps are the same
- For Missions
- Go to the "Missions" tab at the top, then "Upcoming Missions by State", or by clicking here
- For General State Info
- Go to the "PGR Forums" tab at the top, then "Mid-West - IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, WI", or by clicking here
- Find the state that you would like notifications for
- Click on the small green circle with a check in it. (Note: If you move your mouse over the icon, it will say 'Subscribe to this Forum")
- On the Notification Type screen in the Control Panel, select the type notification you would like:
- Through My Control Panel - Only receive notifications when you log into the site.
- Instant Notification By Email - Receive an email any time a new mission is posted.
- (Recommended) Daily Updates By Email - Receive one email a day with all new missions that have been posted.
- Weekly Updates By Email - Receive one email a week with all new missions that have been posted.
NOTE: Be sure to subscribe to the top level state forums so you see "all" notifications. If you go into a forum and subscribe to a specific topic, you will only receive notifications when someone posts to that specific topic.
In addition to the above, in the hopes of improving communications and getting mission notifications out in a more timely and reliable manner, our State PGR Captain (SC) has set up a email notification system through "Constant Contact (an independent e-Mail processing service). This service will forward mission info from our SC, which may or may not be posted (yet) on the National website. All members are encouraged to sign up (Opt-In) to receive these emails. If you are interested, please do so at this link.